Friday, August 7, 2009

Wedding in Wine Country

Yesterday was Jader's wedding in Temecula, California. It was held at Leonesse Cellars, a beautiful winery with great views, great wine, but not so great customer service.



I have not spent much time in Temecula, I wine-tasted once but did not care for the wineries that we went to, but this trip really had me falling for Temecula. I loved the view from Leonesse and the rows upon rows of vineyards.

The grapes looked so good, I just wanted to pick 'em and eat 'em. But I don't think you are supposed to do that, so I didn't.



The night before the wedding, Jader and I stayed at South Coast Winery, which has amazing rooms with the most comfortable beds ever. I think Jader is the only bride I know of that got a great night's sleep before her wedding. I did not sleep a wink the night before my wedding, not because I was nervous, but because I was sharing a bed with a snoring bulldog and a sister that likes to try to burrow in the bed during the night.

When you stay at South Coast Winery, you get a complimentary bottle of wine in your room, 2 free wine tastings, and there is vineyard just outside your room. I love wine country so much, I might just have to move there.


While everyone was getting their hair and make-up done, Jader and I snuck away to the tasting room to take advantage of our free tastings. We had our friend's 14 month old daughter with us (her mom had run out to get much needed cookies and brownies). As I was wine-tasting I had the baby on my hip and thought: this is easy, I can totally do this, I can wine taste and still hold a baby, I'm so ready for motherhood! Brady did not seem to agree with my logic.

The wedding was beautiful, the bride looked amazing, and her colors worked so well with the surrounding vineyards. The flowers complimented the setting perfectly.



The best part of wine country is that there is so much wine, everywhere. Even at the nail salon.



I'm pretty sure that just because your wine is covered up with a coozy meant for a beer bottle, you can't just carry around an open container of alcohol. I think there is still one of these bottles rolling around my car which I need to remember to get rid of. But who doesn't love a water bottle full of chardonnay while getting their wedding nails done? I know I do!

Of course, Brady and I took the obligatory photo complete with our standard pose. Ooooh, but this one is vertical instead of horizontal. We must have been getting a little crazy. And, I'm sorry, but how cute does Brady look in those khakis and that blue shirt. I love this look! Although I'm slightly annoyed that this shirt was purchased about six months ago and this was the first time he wore it because it has been stuffed in the back of his very unorganized closet.



All in all, it was a fantastic wedding. And I only caught my bridesmaid bouquet on fire once.

No comments:

Post a Comment