Friday, August 28, 2009

Funky Town

I've been in a funk lately, which means I have been bratty, pouty, and whiny; all pretty much directed at my poor husband. I feel like a lot of the people close to me have been in a funk as well. Even Mickey has been all riled up lately about some toy she can't find. I blame the month of August. It's freaking hot, the end of summer, there are no good holidays in August. August is very blah.

But in a few short days it will be September! I like summer, I like the sunny weather, the warmth, the barbecues, vacations, the beach, etc. But I only like it for a little bit. My true love is Fall and it's almost here. I love the weather cooling down, the back to school excitement, fall comfort foods, knee-high boots (tasteful ones from Banana Republic, not slutty ones), and tights. Oh how I love wearing a nice circle skirt with tights and boots and a cute cardigan. And the advent of Fall means the holiday season. Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday. It has all the joy of being together with family and good food without the stress of presents. Don't get me wrong I love me some Christmas too. Fall brings football (which I'm starting to enjoy) and I will be able to actually walk my dogs because it won't be so blazing hot.

So I say let's shake off this funk, August is almost over. Let's move on to the Fall and football and stews and cozy sweaters and scarves (even if only for decoration in So Cal) and holiday parties and cookies and crisp air (which won't come for several more months in So Cal). Who wants to go apple picking with me?

1 comment:

  1. This may sound a bit shallow but my favorite thing about Fall are Fall fashions! I get so excited when the pre-Fall lines come out. Every fall I go in search of the perfect pair of boots. It also marks the beginning of a new school year. New room set up, new set of kids, and shopping for goodies at the teacher supply stores. So awesome! Go Fall!

    ReplyDelete