Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Sunny Saturday in So Cal

I love living in Southern California, there is so much to do, so much sunshine, and after dealing with the mold in my kitchen all morning, I needed to get out of the house.

Brady and I went to an Angels game. We only lasted about an hour and a half because it was blazing hot. I could barely even sit down in the bleacher seat because the plastic was searing the back of my thighs.



I like going to baseball games, but the food at the ballpark always kills me. There is absolutely nothing that is even remotely Weight Watchers friendly. The food is not good and over-priced which makes me hate wasting points on it even more.

Today, we managed the food situation much better at the ballpark. We stopped at Subway and grabbed sandwiches. Angel Stadium lets you bring in outside food and drink, so this was inexpensive, points friendly, and didn't leave me with massive hot dog guilt. Although the Stadium lets you bring in outside drinks, you cannot bring in alcohol. I'm still working on a way to smuggle in wine. I'm thinking of strapping a bag of wine from the boxed wine at Target to my leg and covering it with my pants. I'll let you know how that goes



Baseball games with my husband are always informational too. His knowledge of sports astounds me. I wish I was that knowledgable about anything. He always tries to teach me the plays and the rules. Today I learned about the saying "can of corn" which is used to indicate that a pop fly is easy to catch. I'm not sure how I functioned in the world without knowing this saying.



Later in the day we headed to Dockweiler State Beach to celebrate our friends' engagement with a bonfire.



Brady tried to catch me a "critter" from the ocean. I was not to thrilled about finding a critter, but thought it was cute that he was sifting through the sand like a little kid. Sometimes, I am so envious of people who really appreciate nature and the outdoors, because I really don't and feel that I should. I feel like I am finally warming up to the idea that being outdoors is fun (I mean other than an outdoors mall which is always fun). I think I am even ready to try hiking and possibly progress to camping. If I do make it to camping, I will need an actual bathroom though, I'm not turning into a hippie or anything.



Today started off poorly with the news that Sebastian is going to cost us a ton of money and headache. But the day ended beautifully, I got to spend time with good friends and my hubby, just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment