Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday Night

Tonight we met up with our very good friends, Ben and Leslie for a drink at Orange County Mining Company. I love this restaurant, the food is great, the view is breathtaking, they have an endless soup and salad bar, and they pour a damn good martini.

We sat in the bar, had appetizers, and an ice cream sundae named "the mother lode." Oh, I am so going to pay for this at the gym tomorrow.

We met Ben and Leslie at law school. Brady was good friends with Leslie, then she started dating Ben, and then Brady started dating me. Now we are all old, married people and get excited when we stay up past 10 o'clock.



Its great to have other young (as in experience) attorneys to talk to, helps you realize that you are not the only who has no clue what they are doing.



The highlight of the night was when a giant tarantula crawled up onto the patio of the bar. This is a picture that Brady took after he shooed the spider off the patio and back onto the hill below.



Our ditzy waitress saw us taking pictures and wanted to see them. "Ooooh," she squealed, "I saw this spider on a show about the most venomous spiders in the world." Um, tarantulas are not venomous. We then listened to her tell the table next to us about when her boyfriend dumped her she got so fat and weighed 132 pounds and now she's finally back to 115 and how she couldn't believe she got so fat. I just turned to Leslie, rolled my eyes, and said, "bitch."

1 comment:

  1. EWWWWWW I would have totally freaked out if that spider was anywhere near me

    ReplyDelete