Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Product Placement

For years I have relied on Bonne Bell's Lip Smackers as my chapstick of choice.



I love the way Lip Smackers smell and taste, it just brings me back to a simpler time. But it is a little sugary sweet and it does not look to professional to whip out your Lip Smacker from your Cole Haan purse. As I got older, I felt the need to become a tad more sophisticated, to take it up a notch in the lip gloss department.

So I moved on to Burt's Bees, their basic chapstick has peppermint in it which is nice and tingly, and smells good. Plus, it really conditions your lips.



Even with the upgrade to Burt's Bees, I was still feeling unfulfilled in the area of lip gloss. As I got even older, I really needed some spf in my chapstick because my lips would actually burn and be incredibly painful.

Then today I found this little gem at the Fresh store in South Coast Plaza.



Slightly tinted with a hint of color, spf 15, and super conditioning. I reapplied this chapstick (if you can even call it chapstick it is so great) all day. It has everything I need, it really completes me, in a chapsticky kind of way.

And to think I almost didn't buy it because the salesgirl was such a ditz. I had to give my full name, address, phone number, and email address for her to ring up a sale. Normally, I would not give out this information but I was in a hurry so I didn't want to argue. And I really wanted this chapstick. I ended up repeating my name four times and my last name at least three times for her to get it right. My last name is BRADY people, seriously, how hard is that to spell! When I got married, my husband told me that I would now get to enjoy having to spell out Brady to everyone. I said no way, everyone knows how to spell Brady. Um, turns out pretty much no one can spell it. I am constantly called Grady, Bailey, Bobby, Bradley. Come on! It's Brady! Like the Bunch!

Anyways, I love my new chapstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment