Friday, August 21, 2009

Back on Track

I, like many other women, keep a pair of skinny jeans in my closet. I actually have about 3 pairs of skinny jeans from various skinny phases of my life. I keep them hoping that one day they will fit again, because they were expensive, and because throwing them out feels like giving up.



I have one pair in particular, from a little trendy shop in Newport Beach. I purchased these jeans when I was living in Newport Beach during my third year of law school and they are super skinny jeans. I wore these jeans during a period in my life where I subsisted on wine, cigarettes, and microwaved cheese and ketchup sandwiches. It was not a pretty time. But, I was very thin. These jeans have not fit since the Fall of 2005. When I say they don't fit, I mean they barely make it past my knees before they hit the roadblocks of my thighs.

This morning as I was getting ready, I spied these jeans (I had strewn all of my jeans about my closet the other day looking for a particular pair). I have had a bad Weight Watchers week. There was the lasagna incident. Then Brady and I took Stephanie out to dinner and they had to watch in horror as I inhaled a plate of chili nachos. Oh and then there where the thin mints I shoved into my mouth one night because, well, they were there. Clearly I am falling of the bandwagon.

So I see the jeans and I tell myself that I am going to try them on and remind myself of what I am doing on this weight loss journey and that I need to get back on track pronto. And here is the crazy thing, the jeans fit! Now I use the word "fit" in a very loose sense. I was able to button and zip said jeans but not without some muffin top spillage happening. Even though I won't be wearing these jeans in public yet, it is still a victory that I can even get them on and a reminder that it is worth it to follow my Weight Watchers plan.

Moral of the story is, there will be times when you fall off the wagon, but don't let a little detour ruin your journey. Mistakes will be made, but its important to keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment