Tuesday, July 28, 2009

When the cat is away, the mice will play.

My husband is out of town tonight for work. So I am going to have an illicit affair.

Hello lover,



I met him at the grocery store and he just looked delicious.

Mmmmm, if only my husband knew.

Here is a neat little eggplant trick I learned on my favorite blog http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/.

Slice up your eggplant, place on a baking sheet and generously salt. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, you'll see little droplets of moisture collect. Then flip the eggplant over and repeat. Rinse and pat dry.



Eggplant can be tricky to cook, sometimes it comes out all bitter and oddly chewy. This salt trick eliminates that. I don't know why, it just does.

Back to my affair, which ended in a naughty combination of whole wheat pasta, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, and of course, eggplant. If only my husband knew, he'd leave me for sure. Probably for that bitch Del Taco.

1 comment:

  1. OOOO this looks so yummy, I am gonna try it for sure. I had not read about the eggplant trick thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete