Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Someone get the ice!

I have been taking kickboxing classes at 24 hour fitness for about a month now. When I first started I could not keep up, I would pant, I couldn't follow the choreography and I just sort of flailed around tricking myself into thinking I was actually working out.

I am happy to report that I now have the choreography down, although I am still pouring sweat after a class I no longer feel like I'm going to throw up. I have only punched myself in the face on accident two or three times and I have been consistently going at least three times a week.

Today as I was doing a back kick (which are getting way higher by the way), I felt a sharp pinch in my back. I have definitely pulled, pinched, or twisted something in my back. After feeling that I was rocking the kickboxing, I am reminded that I am old and need to remember to be careful. At least I know the moves better than those skinny little high school girls in the booty shorts with stuff written on the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment