Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Chi

One of my favorite blogs posted today about a trip to Chicago and that got me thinking about my trip to Chicago for my 27th birthday. My husband (boyfriend at the time) took me to Chicago for the weekend and it was amazing. I loved the big city feel, the people are so friendly and the deep dish pizza is to die for.


The best part of the trip (other than the Art Institute, the Museum of Natural History, staying at the Hard Rock Hotel, Michigan Avenue, and the pizza) was getting some local recommendations from a sales girl on Michigan Avenue.





I love traveling but hate being a tourist. When I told this sales girl that I was from California she recommended a French-Vietnamese restaurant and local brewery that I never would have found as a tourist. They were both so awesome. I highly recommend chatting up the sales people, waiters, hotel clerks and getting the local scoop on fun places when you travel.





I wish I could live in Chicago for a year or so. Unfortunately my career does not allow for such a move as I would have to take the Illinois bar to practice law there. At least I can dream about having a hip city loft and eating all the deep dish pizza I want. Weight watchers would be impossible in the Chi!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun. I miss Chicago, it is one of my favorite cities.

    ReplyDelete