Sunday, July 26, 2009

Saturday Night

Celebrating Jader's bachelorette party this weekend in Santa Barbara was such a hilarious trip down memory lane. We met in the Spring of 2000 when we joined the same sorority. Back then we were just two silly party girls who loved to shop, dance, cause a little bit of trouble, and have a ton of fun.

This is a shot of us at a fraternity date party, I think its from 2001. Jader actually looks the same, but good lord I look young.



I am so happy that nearly ten years later, we are still such good friends. We are still two silly girls who love to shop, dance, and have fun. Although the partying has subsided as we switched shots for glasses of pinot noir and frat houses for upscale restaurants. And we are usually asleep by 10 o'clock on a Friday night and both have the same inability to sleep in on weekends.

The bride and me ready for a night of fun, I love that I bought her the most gigantic veil I could find.



Not only did we go to college together, we were also in law school together. Jader was the reason I even applied to law school. During our senior year I was all set to attend the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles. Then Jader announced she was applying to law school and I thought, hey that might be fun. Long story short, we are now both lawyers, she was a bridesmaid in my wedding, I am going to be a bridesmaid in hers. Now we both have mortgages and dogs to take care of, houses to clean, trials to win. This Saturday night was a great reminder of how much our friendship has grown as we have grown, and that we may be grown ups now, but part of us will always be just two silly party girls.

1 comment:

  1. OH LORDY you look so adorable in that first picture. So sweet and innocent hehe.

    ReplyDelete