Monday, July 27, 2009

Like What?!?

Last night, my husband was reading my blog when he wrinkled his nose in apparent disgust and said "you sound so...."

"I sound so what?" I asked with a tone that said you better explain yourself boy.

"Oh never mind, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." That's his response!?! What is that supposed to mean? Brady would not elaborate on his dislike of the "tone" of my blog and I was left to wonder all night what he meant by it.

Do I sound stupid? Fake? Ignorant? Like a know it all? Is my spelling horrible? Is my grammar offensive? Do I sound offensive?

I have talked about the "tone" and "identity" of one's blog with my other blogging friends. I am very much aware that my blog doesn't really have a set theme, its more kind of ramblings from my head, a slice of life blog. And that's how I want it. I don't want to be tied to only blogging about one topic. I want to be able to write about whatever I want, whenever I want.

As for the way I sound, I still have no idea what my husband meant. All I know is that I get a thought in my head, bang out a couple paragraphs about it, try to put up some pictures to make it interesting, give it a quick proofread and post it. I'm not trying to sound like any one thing or theme. I do have a rule to not intentionally hurt anyone I am posting about and if someone is uncomfortable with a post about them or picture I would immediately take it down.

So I sound the way I sound and my husband and the blogging world can just deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, it is interesting HOW MANY people all the sudden have a different opinon of you when you blog and how many people read into things you write that had nothing to do with them, those are fun. I like your attitude though, screw it, this is you in all your wonderfully flawed human self and I love it.

    ReplyDelete