Friday, July 24, 2009

SB Style

This afternoon I am heading up to Santa Barbara for one of my best friend's bachelorette party. We met while attending U.C. Santa Barbara, were in the same sorority (yes I'm a sorority girl, don't hold it against me), and lived together for a year. I am so excited, this is going to be so much fun.

We were quite the party girls in SB. I would go out at least four nights a week. I had excellent time management skills back then and never ending energy. My senior year I worked at Rampage (a teeny bopper clothing store). Every Friday I would go to class in the morning, work a 9 hour shift at the store, close the store around 10pm, race home (en route home I would call my friend to have her lay out my party clothes for the night: low rise sparkle jeans, pink tube top, hoop earrings), party all night, and be back at the store to open it at 8am. Despite going out four nights a week, I got good grades, worked, was accepted to law school, and was involved with my sorority. So yeah, I had excellent time management skills back then; I certainly could not keep that kind of schedule now.

I do not think I can handle that kind of SB style anymore. Its pretty rare that I stay up past 11pm and Lord help me if I have one too many to drink. I am out of commission for the next day. So while I do not plan on revisiting my college ways, I am definitely looking forward to a sunny, relaxing weekend, SB style.

No comments:

Post a Comment