Sunday, July 12, 2009

Chubby Wubby

In April 2009, my husband and I took my sister Stephie to Magic Mountain for her birthday. We had an awesome time riding the roller coasters, eating junk food, and taking fun pictures. Although there was one roller coaster that was so horrifying I was screaming that I needed tequila to deal with the sheer terror I was in and I hate tequila. Anyways, I was so excited to download my pictures on to my computer when I found this:

Whoa, wait a second, who is this fatty? Well folks, its me. I'm trying to be cute and annoy my husband while my sister takes a picture but it looks more like I want to eat him because clearly I have already eaten everything in my path. This is a horrific picture of me (not that great of hubby either, but I have better ones of him, I promise). The home hair dye job and the self cut bangs are certainly not helping matters; but what the hell happened to my face! Why is it so damn fat! I was just married a few months ago, I should still be a skinny newlywed. Argh!

Needless to say the next day after seeing this picture in all its glory, I signed up for Weight Watchers. I do not go to the meetings but I track everything I eat online so that I can monitor how many "points" I eat in a day. At the time of the Magic Mountain picture, I was about 170 pounds. And hell yeah I just told you how much I weighed, and get this, I'm only 5'4. I was definitely a Chubby Courtney. I am now proud to say that I weigh about 158 pounds. Much better! I still have a ways to go, but I feel so much better! As cliche as it may sound, I really do have more energy, I don't feel as sluggish and getting dressed is not nearly as depressing.

This is my sister and me at Fourth of July:



As you can see, I no longer look like I might eat another person. I really can attribute my weight loss to the very simple premise of "eat less, move more." Weight Watchers has helped me achieve portion control and make smart choices instead of filling up on junk. I also rejoined a gym and I try to go to turbo kickboxing at least three times a week. I love spin class too but it is always so crowded. My ultimate goal is to weigh what I did in high school on my 30th birthday, meaning on March 5th I will weight 140 pounds. This goal seems daunting but I'm excited about it! Now I'm off to spin in hopes that I can wrestle a bike away from some meathead who is only there to watch girls go up and down on a bike and not for a serious workout like me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a honest post. You are so brave. I love that you are confident enough to put all this out there and help inspire people like me to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very proud of you but I hate that picture of us from 4th of July. You look great but me, yeah not so much.

    ps, I had to put anonymous so I could leave you a comment but just so you know, its me, your sister Stephanie :)

    ReplyDelete