Saturday, July 11, 2009

Always Kiss Me Goodnight

My husband and I moved into our new house in January 2009. It is now July 2009 and there is still a lot we need to do. The downstairs looks pretty put together, but our bedroom looks like two college students live there. My husband's nightstand is a wicker hamper with a bear face on it that he has had since he was a child. Not exactly great interior decorating. I have been on the lookout for something to hang over our bed and found this today:





First, I found this it at Ross for $12.99 which I thought was a smoking good deal and I love smoking good deals. Second, I thought it was just so sweet and a perfect sentiment for a bedroom. I'm usually not sappy or sentimental at all, but my husband and I are so very busy. We are both attorneys and work a lot, we are trying to take care of our house, our dogs, spend time with friends, family, etc. There are many nights where we just fall into bed exhausted and go to sleep without even saying goodnight. I think that it is a good thing to remember to always kiss your loved one goodnight. It also reminds me of a great piece of advice that the father of one of my dear friends included in his speech at her wedding, to always touch feet in bed before you go to sleep and when you wake up, to let your loved one know that they are the last thing you think about before you go to sleep and the first thing you think about when you wake up.

I also got this really cute pink flamingo dog toy at Ross for $2.99,


I hope the inclusion of my dogs did not ruin my nice, sentimental post, but I love a good deal almost as much as I love kissing my husband goodnight and $2.99 for a dog toy is a smoking good deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment