Friday, January 1, 2010

Holiday Wrap Up

The whirlwind of the holidays has come and gone. All the presents have been opened, some have yet to be returned, the Christmas decorations are put away, and we are back to our regular lives without the growing anticipation of the approaching holidays. Although, trust me, with being pregnant there is no shortage of anticipation in the Brady household.

Here's a small recap of my holiday season:

In the beginning of December we went to Las Vegas to celebrate Brady's 29th birthday. We stayed at theHotel and it was amazing!

It was interesting being in Vegas while being completely sober the entire time. I didn't mind it though. I just ate. A lot. In fact, I think I scared Brady with the amount that I ate. It was also funny to watch on the incredibly drunk people. Drunk people watching is the best. We walked around the gardens at the Bellagio which is one of my favorite things in Vegas.



Please ignore my huge roots. I was waiting to get out of the first trimester to color my hair. I have since colored and my hair and it looks much, much better.

I loved all the old fashioned ornaments. They reminded me so much of the ornaments my grandmothers always had on their trees. Now, I have many disco balls all over my tree. I need to find some of these old fashioned ones next year.



Here I am at 13 weeks pregnant. Not much to see, but I thought I would document it. Now I'm 15 weeks and there still isn't much to see. I seem to just be getting wider.



There were lots of other holiday events in December, work parties, luncheons with friends. All of it was fun. It was an interesting holiday season because we really told everyone about the pregnancy in December so it was fun to hear people's stories, congratulations, and advice. Brady and I even went to a Babies R Us to drop off a toy for the Toys for Tots collection. Babies R Us is a very, very scary place. We threw our toy in the bucket and got the hell outta there.

My grandma has started a new tradition the past few years. On Christmas day, everyone gets a matching sweatshirt. Here we are with our green sweatshirts (last year it was red, I'm hoping for blue next year).

We actually went outside and found a neighbor to take our picture. Yes, we looked like a crazy green sweatshirt cult. But you gotta love family. I just want to see my grandma carry 17 green sweatshirts to the cashier at Kohl's.



The holiday season was busy and hectic, but lots of fun. I got to see lots of good friends and family. I even managed to see my husband once in a while. I hope everyone out there had a great holiday season and I'm looking forward to a quiet January. And Brady is in charge of Valentine's Day this year, so I don't have any holidays to worry about for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment