Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sick of It

Being sick sucks.

Being sick and pregnant sucks even more.

I have seriously spent the entire weekend in bed, leaving only to eat and to go to Babies R Us. I'm on a hunt for a crib, not even sickness can slow me down for that.

I have some annoying sore throat/nasal congestion/ear ache thing going on right now. This is a very common condition for me, I get these symptoms at least once a year, sometimes twice. And I have a foolproof way for battling this nasty type of cold. I take a bunch of advil cold and sinus, maybe some benadryl, possibly some nyquil, and definitely top it all off with a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. So basically I pass out and sleep the entire thing off.

But I can't partake in my foolproof remedy now! Cold medicine is out and it would be highly inappropriate to drink wine for a cold given my delicate condition. So now there is nothing I can do but drink lots of water and hot tea and rest. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment