Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

This year's Easter was a doozy and I'm exhausted. I started the day with 7:30 a.m. mass, thinking that it would not be too crowded because it was so early. I was wrong, and late, which meant I spent the majority of the mass standing in the back. As I was quietly bitching in my head that I couldn't believe no one would give up their seat for a pregnant lady, I saw another lady standing in the back, very pregnant, and holding a two year old. I quit my silent bitching at that point and eventually got a seat.



After church, I came home, finished preparing a breakfast casserole, piled the dogs in the car and took off to Brady's grandmother's house. There we had a huge breakfast and visited. Then we went to my grandmother's house and had another huge breakfast. Then we went to Brady's other grandmother's house and had a huge dinner. We managed to sneak out before dessert, which is good because we were in very real danger of exploding.



It was a good Easter, lots of food, lots of family. But now I'm exhausted. And full, really, really full. And for some reason I thought it would be ok for a seven month pregnant lady to wear 6 inch platform wedges (which are very cute) all day and now my feet seriously ache. I can't wait to do it all again next year with Baby Brady! Now our Easter celebrations will include an egg hunt and the Easter Bunny which will be fun. When your youngest cousin is 12 years old, no one is really interested in the egg hunt and bunny thing. But next year will be fun, I think I'll make Brady dress up in a giant bunny suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment