Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Day At The Park

Lately there has been a little too much t.v. and laptop time in our household and not enough face to face time. It's a common rut that Brady and I fall in. I think its because our jobs require us to be intellectually "on" for 9 plus hours a day. By the time we get home we just want to sit on the couch, watch t.v., play on the internet and drool on ourselves. And baseball season isn't helping matters. Brady play fantasy baseball, so not only does he watch his favorite team (Go Angels!), he watches every other freaking game because he has fantasy players on a variety of teams. And then he has to monitor his fantasy baseball team online so he is glued to the t.v. and the laptop. Grrr.

I'm actually considering cutting the cable. Not only would it save money but it would force us to spend more time talking and interacting (Brady: aren't you excited? More time to talk!). I wouldn't go totally crazy and get rid of the t.v. so we could still watch movies and such. But there really is no need for us to constantly mindlessly stare at the damn t.v. And I can always watch Glee and Gossip Girl online.

In order to address our addiction to media outlets, on Saturday I dragged Brady to the park. I have these wonderful dreams of taking the baby and the bullies to the park for play time and a picnic. I thought it was time to get Brady used to the idea of going to the park on Saturdays.

It was a beautiful day and it felt so good to be out of the house. The bullies loved it, of course, and Brady looks pretty happy too.



This trip to the park made me realize that a trip with the bullies and the baby might be taking on a little too much. We spent most of our time making sure the bullies weren't eating junk they found on the ground. I don't know if I can monitor two bullies and a baby who are all trying to eat the stuff they find on the ground.



My hidden agenda for the trip was the park was to get my white ass in the sun. I am translucent right now. I tried to adjust the brightness on this photo and I'm still blindingly white.



It was a lovely day at the park. We will definitely do it again. If Brady agrees to consistently go to the park with me, I just might let him keep the cable. But he needs to simmer down with the fantasy baseball.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, the park every sat, what a great way to start positive behaviours you want to continue once baby brady is born!

    ReplyDelete