Sunday, October 25, 2009

Having Our Cake and Eating It Too

Brady and I recently celebrated our one year wedding anniversary. In keeping with tradition, we saved part of our wedding cake to eat on our anniversary. It has been sitting in my parents' freezer for over a year. This past weekend, we finally got around to eating.

Here is our cake in all its original glory. It was a very simple white cake with chocolate mousse and fresh strawberries. The cake topper is the one that my grandparents used for their wedding, over 55 years ago.



Yup, I went there, I smashed cake in Brady's face. I couldn't help myself. He deserved it for taking all those jager shots before the ceremony.



How's that cake up your nose, Brady?



Here we are, a little over a year later with our cake. I must say I do photograph better when my hair and make up are professionally done.



Brady claims that he didn't eat any cake at our wedding except for the piece I shoved up his nose, so I let him go first with the cake tasting. He looks a little nervous about eating year-old, frozen cake.



And it's confirmed, year-old frozen cake is pretty awful. Actually it is downright disgusting. But we ate it, does that bring us good luck? A long, happy marriage? Or just a slight case of food poisoning?

No comments:

Post a Comment