Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Spaghetti Pie

Today I had a very long, very tedious, very aggravating day of trial. Trial makes me hungry, like really hungry. But I had lunch with my client today so I couldn't really pig out like I wanted to, it's not very professional.

On my drive home I started thinking about the leftover spaghetti with meat sauce I was going to eat for dinner. And while that sounded good, it just wasn't enough. And that's when I had the idea to make spaghetti pie.

Here's what you need, leftover spaghetti, leftover spaghetti sauce, Italian blend cheese, and Italian bread crumbs. So deliciously simple. I love reworking leftovers. It's so yummy and economical.



I took a casserole dish, spayed it with olive oil Pam and spooned some of the sauce into the dish. Then I layered the leftover spaghetti, more sauce, cheese, more spaghetti, more sauce more cheese, and then I covered the whole thing with the breadcrumbs.



I baked it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes covered in foil, then uncovered for like 10 minutes, then I put it under the broiler for 5 minutes to get the top nice and crispy.




It was so yummy and comforting. A little spaghetti pie and a little wine and the stress of the day was melted away.



And now I need to get back to work, blah.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how many weight watcher points spagetti pie is?

    ReplyDelete