Sunday, October 4, 2009

Back on Track, Again

Last Monday, when I weighed in I was 148 pounds. I finally broke through 150! I was so excited and proud of myself for sticking to my points, making smart choices, and exercising regularly.

To celebrate my achievement, I proceeded to eat like a pig for the next week. I don't even want to know what I will weigh tomorrow. I made so much progress, I'm really annoyed with myself that I just let it all go to hell last week. So this weekend, I've decided to re-commit myself to Weight Watchers and eating healthy.

Despite my mantra to not cook on a Saturday night, this past Saturday night I made vegetable soup. Brady was out of town, again, and I was bored. I figured I should put my time to good use so I made a Weight Watchers vegetable soup that is 0 points for one cup. I plan on eating it with a sandwich for lunch and having some before dinner so that I don't overeat.

The recipe is super easy, basically cut up a ton of veggies, dump in a big pot with 6 cups of vegetable broth, fresh tyme, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.




I added some Cumin and Cayenne Pepper for a little kick.




I also used Rogue's trick of throwing the soup in the food processor. This way it won't be so sloshy, which is good because I'm going to take it to work.



This recipe makes a ton, I portioned out 0 point servings and put it in tupperware. Now I can just grab one and take it to work, so easy!



And then, on Sunday night, I made this, a cheesy, meaty lasagna:



Diet starts Monday right? Yes it does, I think I'll go have a cookie with my glass of pinot grigio.

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks so yummy. Between you and myLA I am really gonna be inspired.

    ReplyDelete