Thursday, October 22, 2009

Slimy

I hate lawyers, specifically male ones. Yes, I am aware that I am a lawyer and that I am married to a male lawyer but there is just something so slimy about male lawyers.

I had a trial today, it was the continuation of a trial that started last week. Last week the parents of the special education child were unrepresented, and that was fine. Sometime in between last Wednesday and last Friday, they got a lawyer. I talked to this lawyer and his associate over the phone a couple times before today. I was assured that they were not going to recall witnesses. We get to the courtroom today, and the first thing he does is recall a witness. So I object, tell the judge that I was informed that witnesses were not going to be recalled and this slimy lawyer basically calls me a liar. But he is the one that is lying! So the witness ends up getting recalled for rebuttal purposes and it was fine, but I cannot believe how slimy and untruthful this guy was!

The special education legal community is very, very small. It is the same group of lawyers that pretty much handle everything so you see the same people over and over again. You would think people would want to be nice and courteous because you know you are going to see the same people over and over again. This is the first time I met this particular lawyer, you think he would at least be professional and um, I don't know, not lie! This is particularly egregious in this area of law, this is all about the kids, kids with special needs, parents dealing with kids with special needs. Slimy lawyers who lie have no place in this area of law. They all need to go represent tobacco companies. That's where slimy lawyers who lie belong.

And that is the end of my rant. I rest my case.

1 comment: