Monday, February 15, 2010

P.S. I Love You

For Valentine's Day, President's Day weekend, and as a mini-babymoon, Brady and I went to Palm Springs for a couple nights. We stayed at Hotel Zoso in Downtown Palm Springs. Usually when I go to Palm Springs or Palm Desert, I like to spend my time drinking in the pool. I had to get a little creative when thinking of ways to spend my time this trip.

Brady and I started off the trip with a stop at the outlets in Cabazon. It was madness, people, madness. The line at the Coach store looked like the line for the Matterhorn at Disneyland. Even though I can't fit into any of the clothes at the outlet, I managed to get a great deal on a pair of Nikes and a smoking good deal on a Kate Spade wallet. We ended up spending 3 hours at the outlets. Brady was quite the shopping trooper.

And then we got into Palm Springs. First we visited some friends in Palm Desert who just happened to be vacationing there. The outlets and visiting with friends made for a pretty full Saturday and I was beat. I started turning into the whiny, pregnant lady. I was like a fussy baby, I just needed to go to bed. So I did. And we started fresh on Sunday.

It was a very relaxing, enjoying the company of my husband kind of trip. We strolled the shops, we sat by the pool, we got ice cream.



This is me eating my ice cream after laying by the pool for a couple of hours. I tried to tinker with the color of this photo on my computer, but I just could not hide the fact that I am completely blinding white. Not a beautiful milky white like Nicole Kidman. But a freaky, translucent kind of white.



For our Valentine's Day dinner we found a cool little sushi place in the heart of Downtown. We were grateful for a light dinner of sushi because we had already eaten a gigantic breakfast at a sidewalk cafe, ice cream, and huge sandwiches with fries by the pool for lunch.



And after dinner we got ice cream again, second time that day. Baby needs calcium. I was a little bummed that I couldn't enjoy a cocktail on my vacation. So instead I ate and I ate and I ate.



I love Palm Springs, the mountains, crystal blue skies, the palm trees. It is so close but is a totally different world. I had a great time with Brady just talking and relaxing. I also liked the gay rights supporting Marilyn Monroe.



And Brady felt the baby kick for the first time! So exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Awww what a great way to get away and spend it with your specail someone. And damn right that baby needs calcium, more ice cream please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWwwww..you guys are so cute together :) I stumbled onto your blog Court! I'm so amazed at all you blogging women. I just can't keep up! hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete