Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday, I'll withold her age out of respect. In tribute of my mommy's birthday here is a little list of reasons why I love her so much (in no particular order):

1. When I was little she made me and my siblings do book reports and math worksheets during the summer. [She knows education is important and instilled this in us at a very young age.]

2. When I didn't make ASB in high school she called the ASB advisor proclaiming all my wonderful charateristics and why I should be on ASB. [Although somewhat embarrasing at the time, she's willing to fight to the death for her kids.]



3. When Chris and I were very little (pre-Stephanine) she gave me a toy dump truck and Chris a doll for Christmas. Chris and I promptly exchanged gifts. [My mother has always taught me that gender roles are not to be followed and that girls can be anything they want to be and that I should never depend on a man to make me happy.]

4. I once had to physically restrain her from going after a Nordstrom salesman who was taking too long to gift wrap something. [My mom is hilarious and always keeps me on my toes.]



5. For every milestone in my life she has thrown me a party: high school graduation, college graduation, law school graduation, engagement party, wedding. [It means so much to me to know that my mom is proud of me and willing to celebrate with me. She also throws a darn good party.]

6. When I was in the first grade, my mom came dressed as a clown to volunteer at my class Halloween party, full clown suit, funny shoes, face paint and hat. She was the only parent that dressed up. [Not only did my mom work and raise three kids, she was also super involved in my all my activities as well as my siblings' activities. My mom was class mom, team mom, girl scout leader, cub scout leader, helped at church and school fundraisers, drove me to all my dance lessons and competitions. I appreciate so much all the time and effort she put into making us happy, involved, and well rounded people.]



Happy Birthday Mommy! These are just a few of the reasons why I think you are the best mommy ever, there are many more.



P.S. Didn't she just look stunning at my wedding? Love the color of her dress and love, love, love the shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment