Thursday, February 4, 2010

Half-Baked

This week I hit the 20 week mark in my pregnancy, I'm half way done! Here's my 20 week bump, I'm actually starting to look pregnant and not just pudgy.



Typically, I think prego women taking pictures of themselves is kind of silly. I mean why don't they just ask their husbands to take the picture? But I went ahead and took a picture of myself because it was 7:30 p.m., Brady wasn't home from work yet, and I didn't want to wait any longer to put my pajamas on. So there you go, that is the story of my preggers self-portrait.

Now that I am half way through my pregnancy, I have learned a lot of things and I thought I would share my wisdom:

1. Eat every 2 hours, it just makes you feel better. I'm not saying have a full meal every 2 hours, but keeping snacks on hand is definitely a good idea.

2. Maternity tights are a rip off. I bought a special pair of maternity tights from Motherhood (a maternity store in most malls) for $16 and they are no different than my $7 tights from Target (I just bought a size up, they stretch).

3. Keep tums on hand at all times. Never be without the tums, when you are pregnant the tums become your best friend.

4. Dogs can tell when you are pregnant. This makes them want to snuggle you incessantly and climb all over you. Or maybe that's just my Frankie baby. He's so cute with his squishy face.




5. Target has cheap and cute maternity clothes. This could be dangerous.

6. It is really hard to resist buying baby clothes. They are just so damn little and cute. I could not resist this little onesie with a bulldog.



6. If you think your husband is not taking enough interest in the pregnancy, he will greatly surprise you by all of a sudden knowing way more about fetal development than you do because he's been researching on the internet all those nights that you went to bed at 8 p.m.

7. Be nice to your husband. He is just as excited/nervous/anxious/thrilled as you are. Try not to go crazy hormonal on him. He doesn't deserve it. Unless he keeps leaving his socks downstairs and not putting them in the laundry basket. Then it is perfectly acceptable to cry, scream, and threaten his life.

8. Buy the Baby Bargains book. It is super helpful and helps make the world of baby gear a little less overwelming.

Ok, that's all I have for now. Plus, pizza is on its way and I can't ignore pizza.

1 comment:

  1. I love the honesty about WHY you took the self portrait. It made me smile :) and thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete