Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Perils of Facebook

Generally I really like facebook. It has been a great way for me to reconnect with some really good friends that I have not seen or heard from in a long, long time. It definitely feels less sleazy than myspace, I like the little chat function, and even the quizzes can be fun.

But, there are things that I hate about facebook. Farmville, that mafia thing, and people sending me "presents" are among them. Mostly because I don't understand what the hell I'm supposed to do with the virtual present once I get it, send a virtual thank you note?

All in all, I enjoy the social networking. But then, little gems like this pop up:



This is my senior class photo taken at our football stadium. Good ol' class of 98. I know the picture is small and there are a lot of people in it, but you can clearly see me. I'm in the front row, just right of center, wearing a purple skirt and a white sweatshirt (I'm pretty sure it was a dress, I can't explain the sweatshirt). And I am the only one clutching onto my boyfriend. Awesome. Just what I need to see, a picture of me clinging onto my high school boyfriend. What's funny, is that I distincly remember shoving my way to the front of the mob so that I could be in the front row. I've always been a bit of a ham. I just wish I wasn't hanging onto my high school boyfriend, could I be more co-dependent?

Ugh, kids in high school should not be allowed to date. Baby Brady is definitely not dating until college. And when he does start dating, I'm going to make damn sure that he brings flowers, introduces himself to his date's parents, pays for the meal, opens doors, etc. No way am I raising a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment