Monday, February 8, 2010

Bringing Home the Bacon

Tonight, after work, I rushed to the grocery store so that I could buy ingredients to cook my husband a wonderful home-cooked meal. Despite having worked all day, I wanted to make sure he had something delicious and not from a drive-thru for dinner. So even though I was exhausted, I made the extra effort to go to the store and cook dinner.

I made baked penne with hot Italian turkey sausage, and mozzarella.



As soon as I walked in the door I started cooking, so my hard-working husband didn't have to wait too long for a hot dinner. I didn't even have time to change out of my work clothes. That's just the kind of wife I am.



And I use sauce from a jar because there is no way in hell I'm making marinara from scratch while still in my work clothes while Brady watches Jeopardy. And I made this dinner all for me, Brady hates sausage and I love it. That's what happens when you are a wife who brings home the bacon and cooks it. Or in this case, sausage.

1 comment:

  1. oooo I adore the fact that you are a hard working woman AND you can cook a well made meal while pregnant! You are an insperation.

    p.s. also love the new layout its very trendy :)

    ReplyDelete