Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Help Needed

I need a cleaning service. And not just the old-fashioned, we clean your house, kind of service. I need somebody to show up at my house every so often and explain to my husband that the house is actually dirty and needs to be cleaned. My husband thinks I'm crazy because I'm always wanting to clean the house. "It's dirty!" I cry, "We can't live like this, it's slovenly!" And he responds that I'm nuts and that the house is fine and that I need to calm down.

He just doesn't understand. We have two dogs with short hair that is like freaking velcro. It sticks to everything. The amount of dusting and vaccumming required to keep the dog hair at bay is much more than the typical non-dog household. I don't mind the cleaning. Our house isn't all that big, it really does not take me much time to clean the entire thing. I just want some acknowledgment that the house is dirty and that I am not crazy because I'm vacuuming for the third time in a week or that I've washed our bedspread twice in a span of 10 days.

Since my husband doesn't believe me that the house is dirty, I need someone to come over and explain to him that, yes, it is very dirty and I am not crazy for wanting to clean.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. Oh, do I hear you. My beloved's definition of "clean" is almost comical...if I weren't the one to do the actual cleaning.

    ReplyDelete