Monday, March 21, 2011

Some Free Time

Dinner has been eaten and cleaned up. Baby is bathed, fed, and asleep. Bottles are prepped for tomorrow. Holy freaking crap, I have some free time! What do I do? I don't even remember what to do with this thing called free time. I think I'll blog, drink wine, and watch some reality t.v. Hello, free time. I've missed you so.


I don't really have a coherent blog in mind, so here are some random thoughts that have been floating through my head:

- I love when traffic is light but it also freaks me out. I always think, "where the hell is everyone?" "Did I miss a warning?" "Is it Saturday?"


- I'm done buying expensive shoes. My nice shoes get trashed just as fast as my Target shoes. And I have broken the heels on three pairs of shoes trying to get the damn carseat in and out of the car. That kid is heavy! So I'm sticking to Target shoes.


- Captain America and I usually sit on opposite ends of the couch while watching t.v. He's sitting right next to me right now and it's weirding me out.


- The Beast is crawling. Frontwards and backwards. And he's getting fast. And he keeps going after dog toys. And he's proven that my childproofing attempts are the stuff of amateurs.


- This past weekend I went shopping in the juniors department at Nordstrom's (Brass Plum). Two of the sales girls said to me, "OMG, I love your sweater, I totally have it too!" Which made me think, "heck yeah, I'm not that old," and "um, do I look like I'm trying too hard to look young?"


- We attended my grandpa's 80th birthday party this past weekend. I hope when I turn 80 I'm surrounded by friends and family like he was.





- I need to stop dying my hair blond. The roots maintenance is killing me.

- I'm sick of getting cc'ed on nasty-gram emails at work. I don't like tattle-tales.

- I think I enjoy watching Yo Gabba Gabba more than the Beast.

Ok, my mind is now empty and Dancing with the Stars is on. Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment