Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting Ready

Right now I am washing baby clothes. Tiny little clothes and socks that barely take up a quarter of my washing machine. Tomorrow I will be 36 weeks pregnant aka 9 months pregnant. It is so surreal that I am in the final mode of preparation for Baby Brady. I know my life is about to change dramatically but it is such a weird feeling to not know how that change is going to affect me, Brady, and the bullies. There are so many unknowns right now and, of course, that drives me crazy!

I just want to meet little Baby Brady already, I want to see if he looks like me or Brady, I want to bring him home and introduce him to the bullies. I want our life as a family to start! And I'm sick of being pregnant. I feel guilty for saying this because I have been so blessed with an easy pregnancy. But I feel huge, my back hurts, I want a glass of wine, I want to sleep on my stomach, and I want to wear my regular clothes again. And I'm getting sick of the unsolicited pregnancy advice and the "you look like your about to have that baby any second now!" I have four more weeks people!

And in a weird way, I want to get my maternity leave over with and go back to work. Not that I'm excited about leaving my baby early but I'm so nervous about how being a working mom is going to work logistically, I just want to do it so I can relax and know that it is doable. Of course, first I need a baby, and to take my maternity leave, so the working mom thing will have to wait. In the meantime, I am going to read all they baby books I keep buying and continue to watch youtube videos on how to swaddle a baby and such.

1 comment:

  1. First, you look beautiful!!! Everyone used to say that to me too, the whole "you look like you're about to pop" I think I was like 34 weeks when that little ditty started happening. But seriously, being a Mom is the best thing in the whole world, and you'll be so surprised how naturally it comes to you. Seriously, it's instant. You, your husband, Baby Brady, and the bullies are going to make a GREAT family!!!

    ReplyDelete